CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update and a Recital

We had a very busy today. This morning I took both girls to the pediatrician because they have been battling a nasty cold for a while now. They both have sinus infections and I got an antibiotic--but it's amoxcicillan and it never works so we'll see. I should have asked for something else. I am convinced it's a plot to make you come back in and pay another co-pay!! Just kidding, but sometimes I feel that way especially after all of Katie's ear drama!!! However, I am excited that I got some eye drops because mad, kat, and myself are prone to eye goop when we are sick and I hate having to go in to get eye drops for ME! Also, he agreed that Katherine needs a reflux med so we are trying Zantac and I'm anxious to no longer smell like baby vomit. (Sorry if this is becoming a rather graphic post.) Anyway, after the doc I drove around and Kate took her morning nap in the car. I felt like I needed to use my free breakfast coupon at Chick-fil-a so I pulled through the drive-thru and enjoyed a number 2 meal to myself! We headed to Cloverdale Park for Lawson's Pirate themed birthday party. It was adorable!! It was early enough in the morning to enjoy being outside and the park was nice and shady. After we loaded up on lots of sugar we headed home and I attempted to feed the kids something decent for lunch. I tired to get Mad to nap before her recital and failed.....as usual. Thankfully Kate slept all afternoon and I managed to get ready in time for the ballet recital tonight! It was adorable, we stayed out way too late, and now I'm suffering from insomnia and blogging about ballet at 2 a.m.



MeMe put Madeleine's hair in a bun for her recital. It looked so beautiful but I don't know how I am ever going to get out all of the hair spray we had to use to keep it up like that!


The three of us before we left. We had to leave Katie at home because she's sick and goes to bed early. Plus she's wild and there's no way we could keep her tamed during a recital without having to miss out on part of it.


My beautiful Ballerina



The girls love making some noise with those tap shoes! Especially Madeleine, that girl loves a good time!!!



Back stage they had a chair with each girl's name on it and Mad was actually very obedient and patient. I was so pleased! At first I was a little concerned with how organized they could keep things with this age group but they all did great!


Most of her class.....



I forgot the program and I have no clue what songs they danced to.... probably because I didn't recognize any of them. Anyway, they did a ballet, tap, and jazz routine. It took forever but every minute of it was precious. They combined our Trinity MMO with ECDC witch made for and extremely long recital (12 songs total!). Hopefully next year they can break it up. We got there at 5:30, it started at 6:00 and we didn't leave until 8:00!!! Then we went to La Zona Rosa for dinner because that's Mad's favorite restaurant (besides Chick-fil-a of course).




Each girl did a solo and Madeleine stayed out there for hers FOREVER! It was hilarious because she had no clue what she was doing!!


Madeleine and Emory with their flowers, suckers, and medals after the recital. Mad and Em are in different groups because of their age. Emory is moving on to Kindergarten next year. Sad :( This will be their only year to dance together!

Mad with Daddy and Mommy after the recital.