CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Katherine's Birthday Party

We celebrated Katherine's birthday this weekend with a couple of friends and family. I decided I wanted to try to make things as low key as possible. However, it never feels that way when you still end up with 5 kids and 5 babies. Our families are so blessed to be busting at the seams with children these days and family gatherings are only going to continue to get louder and louder!!! :)
We had hamburgers and hotdogs and celebrated with a little Spring-themed dessert table. I am going to have to recreate this party theme again because I had sooo many cute ideas that never came to pass with this one. That's probably better since Katherine isn't old enough to remember anyway.
Katherine was in a wonderful mood. I think she was sensing that it was all about her. I know every one says this but time has seriously FLOWN BY!!!! I never knew I could love two children as much I love Madeleine and Katherine. They are both so unique and special! I love watching them grow up and being their Mommy.

Thank you to everyone who came and made this a special day for our family!

All of the "Big kids"
Lawson, Madeleine, Emory, Mary Townsend, and Ross

Madeleine and her best girl friends, Emory and Mary T.

Mackin and Katherine.

Emory and Katherine. It seems that I have a lot of pictures of Katherine in this particular situation. Every time I try to get a picture of her with an older child they squeeze her to death and she ends up trying to wiggle out of their arms. The second child is definitely more resilient!

Megan and Mary's baby, Drew.

Cousin Caroline

Cousin Avery napping on her daddy.

Such a stinker!!!

I made Paula Deen's Strawberry Cake and turned them into cupcakes for the party. They were great but some of the kids weren't too into fancy cupcakes. Uh oh, I guess I wasn't thinking about them. I just liked that they were pink and tasted like Nancy Patterson's strawberry cake.
My wonderful friend Hadley painted these flower pots for the ice cream dessert and party favor. She is sooo talented and I am proud of her for starting her own little "stay at home mom" business.


Our attempt at getting a photo

Singing Happy Birthday. Katherine totally picked up on the fact that we were signing to her and gave everyone a charming little smile while we sang. Katherine was super excited about the candle!

These girls helped blow out the candles.

Katherine is loving life and loving birthday cake!!!!!



MeMe, DeDe, and Katherine ( Sorry DeDe, you had one eye shut in every picture :)ha!)

Jeanne's sister Carolyn and her husband Curt were in town from Florida this weekend and we are so glad they got to join us for Katherine's party.

Todd was feeding Mackin some ice cream and then put him on the floor. Mackin's new trick is to flatten out on the floor and lay there crying until someone picks him up. It totally cracks me up!!! I think it's hilarious when he does it but, poor Jenny may have her hands full! We love you Mackin :)


Kiddies enjoying their desserts


3 comments:

McCrory Family

Great pictures! Looks like y'all had such a great time. Happy Birthday Katherine!

Megan Weimer

Lindsey, I forgot to tell you at the party but those cupcakes were absolutely delicious!!! The party went really well and was a lot of fun!!!

Hadley

Awww, thanks for putting my pots on there! Looks precious! Happy birthday, Katherine!