CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Plague



Something has hit us hard and we had to make our first trip to the ER at 5:30 a.m. this morning. I mentioned this week that I took both of the girls in for sinus infections and now in addition to that Kate has hand foot & mouth and Maddy has a serious stomach bug. I am waiting for the stomach bug to hit the rest of the family sometime in the next 24 to 48 hours. Maybe we will be spared and I wait in hope that we will get a little more sleep tonight. Anyway, Mad was the only one in the ER. She started vomiting at about 10:30 last night and from 3-6 this morning she vomited every 15-20 minutes. At 5:30 I finally called the doctor on call to see if we could get a prescription nausea med but he sent us to the ER instead. I was sooooo nervous about her getting an iv but she did fantastic!!!! I guess she was so sick she didn't care. We went to Jackson and the nurses and doctors were wonderful! I was so relieved and so glad we went! We didn't have to wait at all when we got there but we still didn't get home until 10:30. She still has been puny and vomiting. He gave us some disolvable zofran so hopefully that will kick in and she can get a good nights rest.

Saying prayers tonight for a better day!!!

3 comments:

McCrory Family

Poor thing! That picture is so pitiful! Praying that she is feeling better now...

FYI if the bug hits the rest of y'all- the last time Claire had a stomach bug the pediatrician gave us a brand new med, Phenergan cream. It is wonderful! Just rub in behind the ear and it starts working in just a few minutes!

Megan Weimer

I have been thinking about and praying for Madeleine today! Hope she is feeling better!!

Denise

That is awful... I hope she gets to feeling better and the rest of you are spared...