CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

4 Weeks!!!!!!

I cannot believe that Katherine is already 4 WEEKS OLD! I think time moves faster with every child. We are doing great and I am still surprised at how well we are adjusting to having 2 children. I am not saying it's not hard, I guess I was just preparing myself for it to be much, much, more difficult. Madeleine loves her and doesn't seem to be too jealous yet. Every morning she asks to see Katherine. She also enjoys bringing her things she thinks she needs, opening her gifts, and helping me get things like diapers for her. Sometimes she is a little more help than I need and I have to keep a close eye on her! She will definitely try to pick her up or, like today, when she threw a big, hard book into Katherine's crib and it hit her head :)
Katherine has already been many places with us. She's been to the pediatrician 3 times already, shopping, birthday parties, church, chick-fil-a, restaurants, play dates for Madeleine, the lake, a boat ride, and to Auburn!! There's no time to be still, with 2 children life just keeps rolling.
Katherine is a huge fan of nursing, swaddling, swinging, and being held. I carried her in the snugli for the first time today and she knocked right out. She does doesn't really like for me to put her down much at certain times of day. Her routine seems to keep changing but she wakes up around 8 and is pretty alert and content. After too long she wants to be held, nursed and carried around the house till she falls into a deeper sleep. She follows this pattern most of the day. Late in the afternoon she sleeps harder and then from 8-10:00 she is a little fussy and I pretty much nurse her the entire 2 hours before she finally goes to sleep. She sleeps really well at night and sometimes goes a full 5 hour stretch!!! However, she must have not felt well the one and only night so far that she was awake until 2:45 am!! Hopefully I will not be doing that again for a while!!!!! It is not good for my psyche :)

There are new post below......... I am trying to catch up!






2 comments:

Shannon and Clint

These are such sweet pictures! I especially love the one of the two of them cuddling :) Adorable!!!

Denise

This sounds exactly like us.... exactly except Adeline doesn't go 5 hours sleeping yet. I totally agree with you when you say it isn't easy but it isn't as hard as you thought it would be. I said the exact same thing in my blog. Glad yall are doing well.