CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Madeleine is 3 years old!!!

Madeleine had a very special birthday this year! I can't believe she is 3 years old already! We were able to actually celebrate her birthday and have her party on the same day this year. It was Sunday so we started the day off with a good breakfast, went to church, and ate lunch at Jason's Deli with Mimi and DeDe. After lunch we thought it would be a good idea to let her go ahead and open her presents from us. Then she actually took a nap and woke up just in time for her party!

We started out the day with a birthday blueberry muffin. To say that she was excited that it was her birthday is an understatement! She has been waiting for this day ALL YEAR!


Opening presents after lunch. She wanted all of her present to be under the Christmas tree.


She got a Cinderella CD player and microphone! This girl loves to sing and this was the perfect gift for her!


I was really surprised at the quality of the mic, it was pretty good and VERY LOUD! Madeleine has a loud voice anyway, but then to amplify it!!!! Oh my! (So funny.... Today, I took M to school and her teacher told me to keep her well until Friday because they need her for the Christmas program because she's one of the loud ones. HA!)



That night we had a small birthday party at Mimi's house with a few close friends and family. I wanted something a little less stressful than having 30 kids packed in a house in the middle of December. I felt a little bad for not doing a big party, but in the end I think this was the perfect Birthday and I think she felt the same way! We did a Madeline themed party since that is her favorite book and movie at this time. I decorated in blue, yellow, and red (those are her colors) and I got an Eiffel Tower for the centerpiece that M loved! We had hot dogs for the kids for dinner and Chili in bread bowls for the grownups :)

I tried to get some cute pictures before anyone got there but Madeleine was too interested in this party toy.


We tried to plan a special little surprise for Madeleine by having Mrs. Clavel, Madeline and the 12 little girls teacher, show up to bring Madeleine a gift all the way from Paris, France from Madeline. She also read her the story and took a picture with her. Madeleine was a little shy but absolutely loved it and is still talking about Mrs. Clavel coming to her party!


I was worried about the kids not having anything to do because the weather was horrible but I should have known they could entertain themselves. Who needs a jumpy thing when there's a party at Mimi's house? !



Madeleine's Cake


She just likes to eat the icing. I guess at least it's not the whole entire cake!


Madeleine and Mary Townsend were being really quiet in the back of the house. When we went searching for them we found them crouched down in this corner stuffing themselves with chocolate and playing with nail polish!!!! HA!
These two always crack me up with they are together because they act like they are 13 years old! What are we going to do with the when they actually are!!




I still have pictures from her classroom party and she has her 3 year old check up at the end of the month. So there will be more details to come :)

***Recent posts below****

3 comments:

Shannon

What a great Birthday!! I can't believe she is already 3. She is just precious :)

Kelly

That was my favorite book when I was little too! I kept all of them and I've just now started reading them to AR. She loooves them :) Looks like ya'll had a great 3rd birthday party! Hope ya'll have a blessed Christmas season!

Denise

We have the same Christmas dress and the Madeline dress and I love it!!! I love the cake and MTS and Madeline hiding in the corner. Hilarious. Happy Late Birthday!