CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Katherine 7 months

I cannot believe Katherine is really 7 months old!!! I think I could stay right here forever and be perfectly happy!! She really is the sweetest, easiest baby I could have ever asked for! So many people said it, but you really do love the second child just as much as your first. And each of them is truly special in their own way. Madeleine and Katherine look so much alike but they are two totally different babies so far.

At 7 months Katherine is sitting up very well and playing with toys. She can move around pretty good and get what she wants if it's close by but, I definitely wouldn't say she is crawling anywhere yet.

She LOVES to put everything in her mouth! I had to go buy her a bunch of teething toys because Madeleine never had any and did not like anything in her mouth! She still does not have teeth. The doctor thought it could still be a couple of months. I thought one might pop through any day. So we shall see:)

Katherine is much smaller than Madeleine was. I can't find her exact stat sheet but I do remember her weight being 15 lbs 8 oz and 20th percentile. Her length was in the 65th percentile so she may be taller like Madeleine.

Katherine may never know her real name!!! It could be Katherine, Katie, Kate, Katherine Ruth, Katie Ruth, Kat, Baby Kat, Katie Ru Ru, Ru Ru, or Ru bear. Daniel, Madeleine, Mimi and I all use some form of Ru and David uses Kat a lot. When I talk about Katherine on the blog most of the time I call her Katherine or Katie Ruth. I also do that when I am talking to other people.

Katherine is squealing quite a bit and is getting much louder than she used to be, but still not nearly as loud as Madeleine ever was!

Katherine's favorite toy is the jump-a-roo and she goes absolutely crazy in it. Madeleine loves to swing her around though and it makes me nervous! She also loves her exersaucer.

Katherine loves her paci and if she loses it at night she will put her thumb in her mouth. I think it's so sweet but I try to encourage the paci since I know that is better for her.

Katherine takes 2 to 3 naps per day. She goes to bed between 6 and 7 p.m. and wakes up anywhere from 5:30-7 a.m. (But usually earlier)

She really doesn't care for eating from a spoon and I have been kind of lazy about feeding her. It's been hard to fit it into our schedule and since she doesn't like it I put it off. Oh well, she's fine and I'm not ready for her to grow up anyway! So far, she has tried rice cereal, banana's, apples, pears, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Her pediatrician said to try to introduce a sippy cup and finger foods!!!! What?!?!?!? So I tried some puff and a teething biscuit which she loves. He thought she would do better with finger foods. He was right..... but I am still not ready to move any further than that right now :)

Enjoy the pictures!!!!













New Post Below

2 comments:

Tess

I sure do wish I could get my hands on that adorable thing!! My oh my she is just darlin!! I miss you all and love you! I can't believe how fast the time goes by...tear, tear.

Shannon

She is just so precious!!! Just go on to the finger foods :) If she is anything like HG, she will keep fighting the baby food. Can't wait to see ya'll next month!