CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tiny Tot

My sweet little Katherine really is little! She had her 4 month check up today. (she is actually 5 1/2 mths) They have her appointments messed up but she will get back on track by 9 mths. Anyway, she was 13 lbs 10 oz and 25 1/4 inches. That means her weight was in the 5th percentile!!!!!And her height in the 45 %. I wasn't that surprised because I was having some breastfeeding issues and finally got her to take a bottle. She is even taking a little bit of rice cereal for the last month now and she was still tiny. Dr. Glover thought that it was possible that at one point she may have even lost weight since her percentiles had dropped drastically since the last time. (I'll have to go back and see exactly how much) Anyway, I think she is waaayyy happier and has even slept through the night the past 2 nights....7pm-7am. Things have been so up and down and I have had so much guilt. Finally after today I really feel like I'm doing the right thing. I am still nursing and pumping as much as I can. I even took an herbal supplement that I think actually helped, but it was giving me terrible headaches so I had to stop. Overall, Katherine and I are much happier and doing great.





Katherine loves to stand like this. A lot of times it is hard to get her to relax enough to sit in your lap. She is soooo stiff and rarely relaxes unless she is in a deep sleep. Madeleine was the same way when she was a baby!


I tried to get a cute pic of them in their matching PJ's but, Madeleine was not up for it.

Katherine has started turning sideways in her swing. I guess I need buckle her in :)

3 comments:

McCrory Family

I love all the new pictures! I know its hard, but try not to feel guilty!! You have to do what is best for your baby and it sounds like you are doing just that!! :) Also, my girls have those same PJ's and we love them! You mentioned your girls being "stiff" but I remember Madeleine being able to sit up by the time she was like 4 months old (or so it seemed)!

The Dean Family

Madeleine sat up really early (I think 5 mths w/o support) but she was still stiff as a board when I nursed or held her. Katherine is not going to sit up as early as M did. But that's ok :)
I remember Claire being so cuddly and would be relaxed feeling. My other friends babies feel the same way and they always comment on how funny Kat. is when they hold her! Even the nurse said something! I dont mind at all. I just think it's strange!

Shannon

She is so precious!! She is just a little petite thing and I love it :) Just to give you an idea how big HG was, she was 20 pounds at Katherine's Age!! I can't wait for our playdate. I miss ya'll!!