CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bahamas

Daniel and I went on our last get-a-way to the Bahamas before Katherine gets here. Our cruise left out of Miami on a Monday so we flew down Sunday and spent the day and night in South Beach. We had my favorite meal there at Sushi Samba. Obviously I can't eat real sushi right now but there are some rolls that I can have. This has been one of my main cravings recently. The people watching was fascinating there as well as on the cruise :) The ship was really nice and clean and I loved having a balcony. The buffet food was not great but the breakfast, french fries, and ice cream were wonderful! Their specialty restaurants were good as well. I ate an entire omlet and waffle every morning! I feel like all I do is eat to try to keep the nausea away. I definitely eat the most throughout the morning and then by dinner time I can't eat as much. Anyway, about the cruise. Daniel and I each read 2 books, relaxed by the pool, went to a couple of the cheesy shows :) and really just enjoyed spending time with one another. Our ports were in Freeport, Nassau, and Grand Stirrup Cay (which was cancelled the last day). When we were in Nassau we went to the Atlantis which was really pretty. I hope to take our family there one day. I know Madeleine would absolutely love it and I bet Katherine would also.
We were so glad to get back home to see Madeleine!!!! It was so hard being away from her but, much needed at the same time. As soon as we got back we transitioned her into her big girl girl room and she is doing GREAT!!! Which will bring me to my next post soon :)





Loading the ship at our port in Miami

1 comments:

The Brown Family

I'm so happy you had a great trip! What a good idea to get away before Katherine arrives. Glad to hear you are feeling better. You look great- hope to see you all soon!