CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dean Family Vacation

Can anyone tell that I don't know what I'm doing???
I thought our vacation would be a great place to start. This year Jeanne and David rented a house for the entire family in Grayton Beach. I must say I was quite nervous taking a fearless toddler to the beach!! Madeleine is pretty energetic and is not concerned with staying nearby mommy and daddy. She is always ready to run off towards whatever interests her most. The days of tanning, reading, and sipping daiquiris on the beach are over. But, the joy we have in experiencing these firsts with Madeleine do not compare! She LOVED the ocean and the sand in her diaper did not hold her back! She is always ready to go, go, go! (as madeleine says). I didn't have to worry about her going down for her naps like I thought. She was too worn out to fight!
Daniel and I had the chance to go out a couple of times since the Deans were gracious enough to babysit. We rode bikes nearly every morning and one day took Madeleine to a cozy breakfast at Another Broken Egg. Mainly because we were up before everyone else and tried to let others sleep in :) We had a shrimp boil one night and Madeleine is a seafood lover!!! She ate more than I did! I couldn't peel them fast enough and therefore I didn't have time to eat. Atleast I'm not dealing with a picker eater! She also loves any kind of fish, even tuna and salmon!
I think Madeleine most enjoyed that her cousins Josh and Caleb were there. No one can make her laugh like those two guys!!! She's been wondering where they are since we've been home. I think she's bored now without anyone to play with. I guess she'll need another sister or brother soon.......or LATER !!! But we'll see :)
Thank you Jeanne and David for the wonderful vacation!!! We will look back with so many fond memories of this special time with our family and with Madeleine.










2 comments:

Shannon and Clint

Ah! So precious! I am so glad that you are doing a blog! I actually just created mine today :) Looks like ya'll had a great time at the beach.

McCrory Family

I am so glad you started another blog!! Madeleine is just too cute!!!