CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

18 Months

Madeleine turned 18 months on the 13th of June and today we had her check up with Dr. Glover. She was in the 85-90% (33 in) in height and a whopping 80% (26lbs) in weight! We were suprised to she her jump from the 50% to the 80% in the last 3 months since we've been in but, everything checked out great! Madeleine was hesistant from the moment we walked in the front door of the doctors office. She know's exactly why we are there. When she saw Dr. Glover she pointed at him and said boo boo!!! Then persistently screamed no no, door, and bye bye!!! I felt soooo bad for her and all I could do was hold her. You would think by her reaction she would never recover but she perked up as soon as we left.

She now has 12 teeth, 4 molars in the back and 8 in front. She's fascinated with brushing her teeth and insists on doing it herself! I think she just likes the toothpaste :) The doctor asked if she spoke atleast 10 words and I laughed!! She talks so much I've stopped counting at 100! She is going to be a chatter box. As most of you know it is NEVER quiet at my house! We also talked about potty training and moving to a toddler bed. Madeleine now proudly announces when she goes potty and can successfully remove her diaper! Even though she's showing some signs of readiness I dont think I am. We'll talk about it closer to age 2! Unless I can't keep that diaper on her :) As for a toddler bed, I think she still likes her crib and surprisingly has not climbed out of it yet! I also don't want an 18 month old strolling through the house at night! Scary!

2 comments:

Morgan

So, Madeleine is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!! You guys are a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McCrory Family

Seriously, could she get any cuter??!?! We'll be in town this coming week...would love to catch up with y'all...I'll email you later. Big News....we're off the bottle!!! We stopped giving it to her Wednesday evening on a spur of the moment decision and she has not had one since. The longest she cried was 3 minutes and she is sleeping from 8pm to 8am!! WOW!! We do keep a little sippy cup with water in her bed and 2 pacifiers - I'm in Mommy heaven right now!! :)