CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

We're Pregnant!

We're so excited that Madeleine is going to have a little sister or brother on the way! A long way at this point, but it looks like the due date is May 14th. Honestly, I knew I was pregnant before I even took a test because I could feel it! And with early pregnancy tests these days you can find out way too soon. I feel like I have been pregnant forever already! I woke really early one morning and couldn't resist taking the test. I told Daniel that he could sleep in and Madeleine and I went to the grocery store to make a special breakfast. I changed Madeleine into a "I'm the Big Sister" t-shirt in the parking lot at the store and we picked up what we needed. When we got home Daniel was up already and helped us unload. He never noticed the shirt, just like a guy :) So I pointed out to him that she had a new shirt on. He was soooo surprised and we had a wonderful breakfast! That night we had dinner at Me Me and De De's . Me Me bought steak and a live lobster for dinner to celebrate. But really the lobster was for Madeleine. :) She loved it! And, I must say it was the finest lobster I have ever had in my life!!!!!

Even though we are very excited I must say I HATE the first trimester (and hopefully not more than that.) I have been very sick since about 6 weeks. I am able to take the nausea medication Zofran and I have actually found it to be somewhat helpful so far. Luckily, I was able to get Madeleine in for an extra day at MMO, so she is now going on MWF through November!! My wonderful friend Mary is helping on Tuesday and Jeanne is the rest: house cleaner/dinner/errand running/babysitting super grandmother/mother-in- law for all the other things that have needed filling in. And all I can say for Daniel is just that he is PATIENT! Very patient, loving, and wonderful! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends, family, and support. Hopefully we will move on from this phase sooner than later. For now, my patience will continue to be tested and refined. Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and that we will move on quickly :)

You may notice that Madeleine is eating hot buffalo wing pretzels. She LOVES them. They are Daniel's favorite snack and she always asks for a bite so we let her have one thinking she would not like them and leave us alone. It totally back fired. She wants them every time we pull out a bag. And yes, it was 6:30 in the morning on the way to the grocery store. They were in the car and she spotted them. Not having breakfast yet I gave in :)

And please remember, I cannot take good pictures, nor will she stay still long enough for me to get a decent shot. I will have a new camera before we have this Baby!






2 comments:

The Brown Family

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU lINDSEY! I will be praying this first trimester goes quickly and does not get any worst. If you EVER need help, we would love to bring Madeline over to play or I can run errands. just what ever you need. I remember those days and don't hesistate to call for help! Hope to see you soon and much love, Amie

Robert, Lindsay, Lani and Ella

That is GREAT guys! Congratulations! Robert and Lindsay